Dandelion Wishes

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My Costumes


My new shoes are hideous! (pictured) I bought them last night so I'd have two pairs of shoes that are "approved" close-toed shoes for my new job. I hate dressing up and it's worse here than NC. I can't wear my sneakers. I can't wear jeans...AT ALL. Not even Fridays. Can you believe that!? I was trying to think of jobs that don't require you to wear "approved" clothing...and I can't think of many. I may not escape the "uniform"(pronounced HUNI-form) no matter what job I have for a while. I thought actors, but then they have to wear costumes. I figured since I can't escape the "uniform," "dress code" or whatever else you call it, I would try calling it a costume thinking it might make it more fun. It really is a costume in the sense that I really am acting here. This job has nothing to do with who I am. My "costumes" are hella boring though so it doesn't help much. I'm the dumpy office assistant with really bad hair.

I have a Beatles calendar up in my cubicle. I had it at NC too. My two best comments on it to date are as follows...
1.) NC - Josh (a cubicle mate) passes by and says "Oh, so you like the Monkees huh?" I just let him walk right on by. Didn't even answer him.
2.) UACC- Ryan: So...a Beatles fan huh?
me: Yeah!
Ryan: Yeah, my mom is a big fan too! She said they were really rebellious and rock& roll!
me: Yeah...they still are so...rock & roll!
Ryan: Yeah, they were like the Nickleback of their day!
me: (laughing) (realizing he's serious) (stop laughing)

Mike and I had a REALLY good laugh over that! Mike thought I was way too nice not mocking him straight to his face for that comment. I thought about that conversation today and I started laughing at my desk. I figured it blog appropriate.

I overheard my cubicle mates from Texas today ranting about In-N-Out's "wafer thin" meat patties and I almost said (because I am mean and already hated by these people) "Maybe that's why Californians aren't as fat as Texans." I kinda wish I had. Why not, you know?
Lovin' you~
megan

1 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

I laughed really hard about the Nickleback comment. Are you SURE he was serious?! Yikes! You sure do work with some really exciting people, Meg. I just don't understand why you don't like your job!

Now to make things worse, my bosses brought in crates (and I mean crates) of fresh strawberries and raspberries and garden fresh roses to the office yesterday for all the "girls." What the heck? I'm not complaining, but who are these people?

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home