Dandelion Wishes

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Beach Day



(this was yesterday...I'll add some pictures for a final touch) My crush of the day...Stone Gossard and...a pretty one from the Lomography website. www.lomography.com
I'm not really an avid beach-goer. I live 15 minutes from Laguna Beach and I rarely go. It's really hard to find parking (am I 50?) and I'm not so fond of bathing suits...or sand.* However, on my way to work this morning the marine layer was hanging as usual over Irvine, coming in from Newport Beach. If I didn't have to work today I decided I would have gone down to the beach in my coziest jeans and zip-up hooded sweatshirt, no shoes, with a beach chair and my iPod and set up shop for the day. I think it was cloudy all day...that would have been so nice. Sitting, listening to music, watching the waves... I need that day. I would have read too. I'm about halfway through "Wicked," and it's so good.
* Sometimes sand is ok, just not when it's IN your bathing suit. The sand in Cancun is an exception to any other sand I've walked, played, or rolled on/in. It amazing! It's white and super soft!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

I'm with you there. Let's go to the beach up here next time you visit. It's always at least 20 degrees cooler there. By the way, do you have any idea when you're coming up?

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home